Thursday, November 20, 2008

Caught In The Act

Dude is so predictable.

I was getting in my car to go to work this morning and I saw Mark down at Jill's box feeding her. He was calling the cows down for breakfast: "Here ya goooo! Come on!" And the hills were alive with the sound of music and hungry animals.
He didn't know I was watching him yet, and he bent over the dog, gathered her up at his feet, and kissed her on the face.

I love that guy.

I love catching my family in the act of being themselves. I love when the girls are upstairs in their room singing. I've called my Mom numerous times and held the phone outside their door so she could listen, too.

I love when Sam's got all his Star Wars Legos out in battle formation strategizing his next move.

I love when Mark's concentrating on something and his face pulls up into this ridiculous squinty grimace.

I love making this list! More to come.

2 comments:

Camp Papa said...

And we love reading your words when you are loving your family. Bless you and all of yours.

Annette said...

The best moments in life are the unplanned, unrehearsed ones that just happen.